Tuesday, October 16, 2007

England #5

WEDDING DAY!!


As most of you know, my bag never made it to England. So, I had to do some clothes shopping, specifically for a dress to wear to the wedding! God was gracious and I found one that I liked well enough, decently priced, going to only 2 stores!

Daniel would want me to mention that it took 2 hours. :) BUT I was shopping for other clothes too, I had to figure out size conversion, maneuver stores I have never been in, and double the price of everything. (Right now it takes about 2 dollars to equal 1 Great British Pound.) Also, I was worried about whether or not British Airways would reimburse us or not. (We are still waiting to find that out.) So, I think that I did pretty well, considering!

Since I didn't have my bag, I didn't have most of my hair stuff, make-up, perfume and such to get ready for a wedding. I ended up borrowing a hair straightener and perfume from some ladies working at the front desk of our hotel! I also had lip gloss in my purse. So, it worked out all right, just not my preferred way to have to get ready. :) (I will have a picture of my dress in the next post.)


This is a picture of the church, St. Peter and St. Paul's Church. (I guess they couldn't pick just one.) It was a cool, old building and the weather was perfect!



Margaret, the mother of the Bride and Alison, the Groom's sister, arriving at the church. (Ali was 8 months pregnant.)


Rebecca, the cute little flower girl. (The groom's niece.)

Colin, the groom, wore a kilt for the ceremony. Yes, he's Scottish!



Katherine, the beautiful bride!


During the ceremony.

No comments: